I think chocolate bark is my new favorite snack! Back in October I made this Halloween Bark and I’m pre-tty sure I ate the entire thing myself. Boy was it good! I’m happy to report that I’ve had a little more self control with this Oreo and Mint M&M bark that I made recently. Oh, it’s not because it’s NOT good. It is delicious. I’ve just been a little more focused on making better choices and have been only been having one piece a day.
If you have never made bark, you will want to give it a whirl this Christmas season! It the perfect “little something extra” to add to a cookie tray. And what neighbor or teacher wouldn’t want to get some of this yumminess in a jar “just because”.
- 24 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mint M&Ms
- 1 package of holiday Oreos
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Take a cookie sheet and cover in foil.
- Crush Oreos, pretzels and mint M&M’s and place in cookie sheet so the entire bottom is covered. (Leave some left over to sprinkle on top at the end.)
- Take half a bag of white chocolate chips, pour into microwave safe bowl and microwave on intervals of 10-15 seconds each time, stirring in between. Once the chips are melted, pour over half of the crushed treats.
- Take a baking spatula and smooth melted chocolate so that the treats on the bottom are covered.
- Repeat the melting process with the rest of the white chocolate chips and do the same making sure you have a nice smooth layer of white chocolate covering the crushed treats.
- Take the remaining crushed cookie mixture and sprinkle it on top of the white chocolate layer. Add some holiday sprinkles also.
- Put whole tray in freezer so that the chocolate sets – about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove foil from cookie sheet and begin breaking pieces of the bark off.